.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

This post accurately summarizes my feelings about the movie Sideways

I didn't like the movie. It was an incessant, pedantic, pretentious, self-pitying, self-righteous, whine-fest (pun partially intended). What about the movie was at all clever, educational, insightful or, most importantly, entertaining. I had not seen the movie when I heard that the Academy had bypassed it for Oscar consideration (at that point, given the Academy snub, I figured it was worth seeing). After seeing it, my reaction was, "No wonder."

I'd watch Waterworld twenty times before seeing this again.

Kid Handsome

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the movie came out, I read about and said to myself, "self, that sounds like a movie full of incessant, pedantic, pretentious, self-piteous, self-righteous, whiners." But then all the praise started. However, no matter what sorts of glowing reviews I read, I couldn't get past the fact that it sounded like a movie full of inces... uh, you get the point.

So thanks for this review. This is the first negative criticism I've seen about the movie (not that I've looked, mind you) and it is so perfectly attuned to my initial perceptions that I'm really glad I didn't waste my time.

Cheers!

8:46 PM  
Blogger The Management said...

Seriously, through no fault of my own, I've seen this stinkfest 4 times. It keeps getting worse.

Otter

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home