.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Nutritional Requirements for Restaurants

The FDA recently funded a report that tells us all we're fat. One of the recommendations of this report was to get more restaurants to tell people what is exactly in the food they are eating. I know a number of fast food chains and some other sit down restaurants already do provide nutritional info on their food, but some of these restaurants are balking at potentially high prices associated with "analyzing" their food, as well as they should. But, how is requiring nutritional information for restaurants any different than the companies who make food products for sale in grocery stores any different? When I pick up my can of beefaroni, I know that I'm knocking down a ridiculous amount of saturated fat, sodium, and other fine aftermarket beef product because I can read it on the label. Why should restaurants be held to a different standard?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home