.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Question / Poll for Readers? Least favorite "great" bands

What is the "Great" band or artist that you don't like despite all the accolades and acclaim that band or artist receives?

For me (in no particular order - except Springsteen):

1. Bruce Springsteen - just awful all the way around (and it goes without saying that I hate his fans).

2. REM - Don't really hate them, I just can't get into them.

3. Beestie Boys - I like a couple of their songs, but overall I could do without them, and I really hate "Brass Monkey."

4. Aerosmith - Again, a couple songs are great - the rest (esp. recent) is the suck.

5. Neil Young - Has 6 to 10 great songs, but I don't dig his voice and his politics annoy me.

Kid Handsome

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I would really have to think about this one, but I have to totally agree about Bruce Springsteen. I have never liked him. Bob keeps saying how he writes such great songs, but I just can't get past his voice. I also agree with you about his fans (sorry if you are a Bruce fan). I have always thought that they think themselves much cooler than they are.

I have always had the three B's that I have disliked.

1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Billy Joel (although I can listen to him sometimes.)
3. Bob Segar

I used to get told that I just did not like American musicians.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green day. I can listen to a song og theirs once or twice but after that it just seems to annoy me. The constant bombardment of every rock station to pimp these two also has led to my disinterest.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Kid Handsome said...

Badger - dead on.

RHCP hasn't put out a good album since 1992.

Green Day - and the whole genre they created is the worst thing in the world. (Blink 182 / Sum 41, etc.) You are right that they are considered a "great" band, but I don't.

Good call

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home