.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Burn Scaggsville Burn

So I'm a tad fired up about this (pun intended). I had dinner the other night with Otter and another good buddy, and among the many issues we discussed was the burning of the Danish Consulate in Beirut which was the apparent retaliation by Muslims who clearly have thin skins when it comes mocking Islam's ban on depicting the prophet.

Yikes. Maybe by me saying this, Scaggsville with burn. Hope not. Can a webpage burn? I digress. But either way, I don't want to bash a prophet. That's not my beef, so put down that match buddy. What does strike me as odd was exactly how Muhammed would feel today knowing that 20,000 mob strong felt that burning down a building somehow makes everything ok. Not to mention all the looting that occurred that somehow missed mainstream media... I can just picture the conversations:

"Hey, we're pissed at the Danish government, so pick up that flaming torch and
throw it into that window. That'll show them. Oh wait - let's grab some of these computers and red staplers on the way out... We can give them to the poor or maybe we'll just keep them until we find another excuse to riot again."

Oh yeah...and it's all Bush's fault too ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger The Management said...

Chowda... THis is a converstaion for another day...one where I have a lot of time...but you ask about how "mo" would feel about these mobs... It seems you, just like most Americans, are guilty of buying into this moral relitivism bull shit.

Muhammed would not only approve of these riots his teaching SPECIFICALLY demand violence against all transgressions. The "religion of peace" is a PR lie. The only peace allowed in Islam is the destruction or sublagation of all who are not Islamic.

Otter

12:49 PM  
Blogger Chowda said...

Guilty as charged. I guess I tend to think that 20,000 nuts burning down a building as an excuse to riot is not representative of any religion, including Islam.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normally burning and looting is indicative of a Steelers SuperBowl win. Does this mean Steeler fans are disciples of Mohammad?

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crazy thing is, most of the world will still think those cartoons were less justified or appropriate than the violence. Amazaing. We truly are faced with a clash of societies and our future hangs in the balance.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only these people would get that charged up over moving their society forward. But I agree with Otter, Muhammed was a false prophet and bad person who liked little boys. And if there are any muslims reading this and wish to burn my house down they can find me at: 128 W Front Street Phila PA.

--ASK

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home