.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Sleep Patterns

In no more than 2 days I can screw up my sleep pattern for the following week or two.

It doesn’t seem fair. If I’m on the “normal” 8:00am to 12:00 midnight sleep cycle I never get enough sleep. I’m always tired in the morning. If given the option of killing 100,000 people for an extra hour of sleep, I would seriously consider the sleep. I forgo breakfast and most other morning activities so I can squeeze every second into sleep. Showering in the morning is the only thing I take time for, and even those are 5 or 6 minutes long.

If I wake and sleep when I want, which is wake up at noon and go to sleep at 4:30 or 5:00 am, I am more rested with less sleep. Plus there is the added benefit that I get a lot more things accomplished at 3:00 in the morning than I do during the day.

Why can’t the world slide into my schedule?

Morning people be damned.

Otter

5 Comments:

Blogger Kid Handsome said...

I'm willing to adopt that schedule. Now, if we can only convince everyone else.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Chowda said...

Try sleeping IN the shower.

1:23 PM  
Blogger The Management said...

Hehehe CHowda, junior year, when we were all living in the German Suite... I passed out in the shower for about 5 hours. Woke up with Amy banging on the door for about 10 minutes.

Hehehe... that was the night I drank all those Red Wolfs and vomited in my room. Man that smelled bad.

Otter

1:39 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I am with you. I am definitely not a morning person. I can remember staying at Bob's parent's house before we were married, waking with Bob's mother making happy sing-song sounds at like 7:00am and sometimes earlier. I can remember thinking to myself,"what is wrong with you, go back to bed." I have never liked getting up. When I was in high school, I put the alarm across the room so that I would not miss it. Morning basically sucks!!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

I am NOT a Morning Person. On Friday morning, for example, I was lying in bed, contemplating taking the day off, when at 7:24 AM, my Morning-Person-best-friend, Phil, called from Austin, TX . . . where he's an hour behind, and bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in that ANNOYING way only Morning People can be. He was appalled to discover I was "still" in bed, and he asked me if I had ever read a book called No Excuses written by a congenital amputee who was a successful athlete, among other accomplishments.

Nothing can get you out of bed faster, but Kyle Maynard --- inspiring as he is --- can't make me a Morning Person.

Weird aside: Phil mentions Kyle Maynard and the book to me on Friday, and on Sunday, when returning from NYC to Austin, he SEES Kyle Maynard in the airport during his Atlanta layover. He went up, introduced himself, and had a long discussion with Maynard about his book. Turns out Phil teaches "No Excuses" in his classroom and also uses it as a team-builder with his teaching staff. Maynard was really impressed and offered to travel to Austin to visit Phil's school.

The web of the Universe is a pretty cool contraption.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home