.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Something Evil Afoot ?

As Dirk Gently knows, there are no such things as coincidences.

Today while driving to work, the light turned red in front of me. I stopped right next to the Maryland Science Center (only important so you can visualize where I am). I was the first person at the light.

To my left, waiting for the light to turn red so she could run past was a very attractive woman in a black body suit. As she jogged in front of me I couldn't help but notice she bounced and didn't bounce in all the right places. She was very pretty, but something about her was "evil pretty". Goth, but without the goth. She just seemed not "good". It was kind of disturbing, like finding the step mother in Snow White hot. She jogged on and then was out of my sight.

Still at the stop light I glance down at my dash and my trip odometer (still running from my return trip from Bourbon and Burn) read 666.0. I was like "damn."

At that same moment a song ended and the Misfits start playing from my newly created mixed CD. Fiend Club. The chorus of that song is "Evil all the time. We are the Fiend Club."

I wonder.... I wonder....

Otter

post script... the fourth floor of my parking garage is exactly one mile from the Science Center red light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I try not to be superstitious, but damn when I see 666, I sort of freeze. Hopefully, it will end up being a good omen for you.

Maybe your perfect jogger lady was not a lady after all!!!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ski,

You have been in the presences of Satan. I must spit on you for good luck.

--ASK

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home