.

Friday, December 15, 2006

I hate E-vites . . .

Just thought you should know. First it puts tremendous pressure on me to actually answer the invite - which I do not do, as a weird matter of principle. Then on top of that, you have a whole list of who is coming and who isn't. I guess so that everyone can see whether the cool crowd is showing up or, you know, not showing up.

Anyway, not that I really want anyone to send me a card, which I would throw out anyway, but it seems strangely impersonal and annoying to get an e-vite.

I'm willing to bet I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm also willing to bet that "convenience" will be the oft used defense of this practice.

Kid H.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I can go either way on this. I think that E-vites are very impersonal, but if I get a paper invitation, I actually have to call somebody on the phone. I hate calling people. Because I know that some people don't like to call I always include an email address on my paper invitation.

E-vites make things simpler for a lazy host or hostess. I don't like writing out invitations, but if I really want somebody to come to my party, I need to give a little.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home