.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Simpsons Adequately . . .

summarize my opinion of soccer.

I'm officially hoping that the USA gets clobbered in the World Cup of Soccer. I know . . . I know . . . that's not very patriotic, right? WRONG . . . It is entirely patriotic to hate something as uniquely unAmerican as soccer.

Also, if we lose bad enough, maybe Nike will quit trying to jam soccer down my throat. Until they stop, I'm boycotting all their products. Anyway, Nike, you can run your little soccer commercials 5000 times a day and work to get the World Cup on every channel in the U.S. It doesn't mean that it's going to work, and it doesn't make soccer good, or entertaining, or American.

Go everyone but the U.S.

Kid Handsome - Patriot

5 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

My whole problem with soccer is that I don't understand the rules. I used to work with this really annoying guy who loved soccer and talked about it non-stop! What a bore he was.

5:46 PM  
Blogger ZooooM said...

I'm not a fan either. The husband is. The goal net is fricken HUGE, and the score still only ends up being like 3 to 1. Too much running around, not enough pay off.

11:06 AM  
Blogger The Management said...

Me like Soccer. No use hands funny.

Otter

11:19 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Zoom - I have similar arguments for hockey.

Otter - you are funny. It definitely would be the sport for you!

11:23 AM  
Blogger ZooooM said...

LINDA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hockey good, boys fighting like chicks! There's none of that in Soccer!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home