.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

America simply isn't going to make it...

Cowards and pansies are going to turn "home of the brave" into a nation of whimpering fagots and girlie men. Yeah I know it's harsh language... but tell me it isn't warranted after reading the above story about a school that has banned kids from playing the game tag.

Celeste D'Elia, said her son feels safer because of the rule. "I've witnessed enough near collisions," she said.


Hey Celeste... get a fucking clue... what kind of kid needs to be protected from "collisions"?

Seriously... I'm going to start an "invite only" country founded on traditional American beliefs. A country where you aren't born into citizenship, but rather where you need to accept the value system or get the hell out.

Otter

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Kids get hurt everyday in their own homes (including my own kid). I am sure that kids who are routinely excluded from these so called organized recess activities will benefit from this, because they don't have to feel like the odd guy out. God forbid that our feelings should be hurt. It comes down to the fact that too many people are like "Let's sue."

There are so many rules that I disagree with today. I was a product of public school. We celebrated holidays like Halloween and Christmas, but that does not happen anymore. Now they celebrate Spring, Autumn and Winter, because they don't want to tread on anybody's religious beliefs. In my mind they should discuss all religious holidays (I am sure you disagree with this). Instead of burying their heads in the sand, schools should be forced to discuss other nationalities and religions.

It is things like this that have made me glad that my kids will NOT be going to public school.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw this story yesterday and
had to print it out so I could properly display my disgust. The school sounds like it is a step away from putting the kids in giant plastic balls so they can run around without fear of injury, just like my brothers hamster used to do. Except those few times it rolled down the steps.

8:21 AM  
Blogger ZooooM said...

"A country where you aren't born into citizenship, but rather where you need to accept the value system or get the hell out."

Well said.

I thought America was built on the premise that more things are included than excluded - so as to provide a well rounded kind of life for anyone. Not making ridiculous legislation based on people's sense of being able to sue what they see as a giant dollar sign if they get their feelings hurt - or fall down.

Lord knows I'd be the richest woman in the world if falling down were "protected". Then again, I'd be incarcerated a thousand lifetimes over if it became illegal to do it.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home