.

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Philly Cheesesteak Blogger

Greetings everyone, my name is The PCSB, and Otter graciously invited me to contribute to your blog (I have been a fan of his for some time). Since I am from Philadelphia, I thought it would be appropriate if my first couple pieces were about Cheesesteaks. In the interest of full discloser, although I have a government and politics background, I now work in the food processing industry.

What do I hope to accomplish by writing about Cheesesteaks? I want to be the first person to document a study about Cheesesteaks from both a food, historical, and cultural standpoint. The following questions and topics will be addressed; What is the difference between a Cheesesteak from Philly vs. elsewhere? What is an authentic Philly Cheesesteak? What are the best cooking methods? Wiz, or not to wiz, and why. Raw onions vs. grilled. And of course the ageless debate, who makes the best Cheesesteaks? I also want to examine the origins of the sandwich, its status, and its future.

Finally, and most important, I want to make the readers at scaggsville.com hungry for America’s new favorite sandwich. Thank you having me on board.

---The PCSB

6 Comments:

Blogger Chowda said...

Not that your asking but I'll throw my pitch in for best cheesesteaks...Village Sub off of Padonia Road in Cockeysville, Maryland. Ask for the steak and provalone...you can't go wrong for your out-of-state cheesesteak choice.

Is - looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the crew this weekend. Tell Donald I said hello.

9:55 AM  
Blogger The Management said...

Philly steaks just aren't as good as the ones you can get around here (Linda's Subs on Richie HWY). Steak subs need tomatos, hot peppers, and mayo.

Otter

11:17 AM  
Blogger The Management said...

Provalone, tomatos, and mayo??? I think you have all illustrated the need for a Cheesesteak Book.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Chowda said...

Can you eat the book?

12:54 PM  
Blogger Chowda said...

What better place to have a discussion of the AFL-CIO bailout then under the Cheesesteak blog!!!

Is anyone checking into this? I find it hilarious that this huge nationwide union is falling victim to the same strategies they utilize on corporations - never giving in.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best Cheesesteaks outside of Philly are at the aptly named Philadelphia Cheesesteak Factory on M Street in Georgtown (Washington, DC).

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home