.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

CDs to Avoid...

POST EDITED - THough most of these CD's SUCK, it's not the content, it's that Sony is doing EVIL things to PC's that play them... Read the Rootkit link at the bottom!

Sony CDs you don't wanna put into your computer.

Trey Anastasio, Shine (Columbia)
Celine Dion, On ne Change Pas (Epic)
Neil Diamond, 12 Songs (Columbia)
Our Lady Peace, Healthy in Paranoid Times (Columbia)
Chris Botti, To Love Again (Columbia)
Van Zant, Get Right with the Man (Columbia)
Switchfoot, Nothing is Sound (Columbia)
The Coral, The Invisible Invasion (Columbia)
Acceptance, Phantoms (Columbia)
Susie Suh, Susie Suh (Epic)
Amerie, Touch (Columbia)
Life of Agony, Broken Valley (Epic)
Horace Silver Quintet, Silver's Blue (Epic Legacy)
Gerry Mulligan, Jeru (Columbia Legacy)
Dexter Gordon, Manhattan Symphonie (Columbia Legacy)
The Bad Plus, Suspicious Activity (Columbia)
The Dead 60s, The Dead 60s (Epic)
Dion, The Essential Dion (Columbia Legacy)
Natasha Bedingfield, Unwritten (Epic)
Ricky Martin, Life (Columbia)

If you don't know about Sony's DRM Rootkit, check out this.

Otter

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Must take exception with the Neil Diamond, Otter, love you as I do . . . you know why.

2:43 PM  
Blogger The Management said...

It's not that the CDs are bad, though most are, its that when you play them on your PC... Well.. Sony does some very not nice things to your computer without telling you.

This was just a list of the discs that do that.

I'm down with the Diamond.. ohh yeah... 'cause I'm COMING TO AMERICA TOOOODAYYY!

Otter

3:39 PM  
Blogger Kid Handsome said...

Not only are those things not nice, they stole their DRM tech from hackers (virus developers). Anyway, I notice that my nemesis, "The Coral" are on that list.

Sony makes it hard to like any of their artists, don't they. (excepting Neil Diamond of course)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Oh, see, this is what I get for not reading comprehensively. I skim and scan, and I jump to conclusions, and I make stupid comments about something I clearly know nothing about.

Although I do know a thing or two about Diamond. But that's erroneous, in light of your clarification.

Thanks, as always, to the Managerial Otter (look how the nickname has stuck!) and KH for keeping Brandy straight.

And when, exactly, did I start referring to myself in the third person, and by my blog psuedonyn, no less?

7:45 PM  
Blogger ZooooM said...

Managerial Otterness! Man am I going to have to sober up before going back to work next week...

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home