.

Friday, January 13, 2006

The Brain Tree…

Sometimes it seems like my brain is an old apple tree. One that has sort of been left in the field to do it’s own thing. Branches growing all over the place, ugly and tall. Full of so much fruit that some of the limbs are broken or bent. Lots of fruit, but not like the shit you see in grocery stores all red and perfect. Malformed apples, spotted red and green, some sour. Some sweet.

The apples are my thoughts, far from uniform.

Consider today’s post a basket left under the tree. Catching what ever falls.

Chipotle Grill is Spanish for “No freaking way near as good as Baja Fresh.” It’s like if a handicapped kid tried his best to make a Baja Fresh Restaurant but all he had was some Play Dough (tm), some limes, a dead cow and a really effective cheering section. “Nice try son” the councilor would say. The boy would reply “Duuuuhhhhh, me make Baja Fresh.” If you couldn’t guess I’m not much of a fan of Chipotle Grill. Most likely won’t go back.

January was sober month. Note the “was”. I made it 8 days without having a drink, not bad. The problem arose when the standing mental order of “Not having a drink all month” was countered with my friend saying “You have to have a drink with me, its my Birthday.” Ohh well, maybe next year. I’m still going to try to make January a “More Healthy” month.

So Monday morning a Mexican Guy got tossed out in the middle of I-95 and was run over by like 1000 cars. The long and the short of it was that 95, both directions were closed for a while and that’s how I get to work. I decided to take some new super back roads into town. I found a route that just screams “Faster FASTER FASTER!!!!” It starts with this 18 percent grade, it’s a single lane road that basically starts you off by driving down a cliff while making hair pin turns. When I say turns, I MEAN TURNS. Like 15 degree turns… That’s 15 degree INTERNAL ANGLE BABY. Mean while, you are following this river left and right over bridges, and check this out, through the middle of old burned down factories and warehouses… So you got the petal to the metal you barely have a chance notice the two different roadside shrine to accident victims… Wild man, I can’t wait to go back…. Thistle Road.

The phrase “Polishing the brass on the Titanic” keeps coming to my mind. I may be quitting / leaving my job soon. Anyone want to hire me?

So I’ve now got 6 mixed CDs in my car that all start with “East Bound and Down”… The Smokey and the Bandit theme song. You pretty much can’t beat it when you need to get somewhere… “Keep that pedal to the metal, never mind them breaks, cause we got a run to make…” I made sure it was playing when I was trucking down Thistle Road. “We got a long way to go and a short time to get there…”

Anyways…

Otter

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

What do you do (resume)?

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all this post is "Bear-riffic." Seccond of all Chipolti (Sp Whatever) Grill sucks it is a chain conected with Outback. Tons of cookie cutter try to make tons of bucks type of restaurant. All should stay away.

5:33 AM  
Blogger ZooooM said...

ooooo. OOOOOOO. I want to drive that road! I love making the tires on my truck squeal. I scared the crap out of Mr. Zoom the first time he took a ride with me. I mean that on all levels, people.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Chowda said...

You've got to be kidding me. Baja Fresh is Spanish for "my ass will be on fire in 60 seconds." Interesting story Otter. Watch those hairpin turns while eating a burrito - that could get ugly.

Mmmm...Chipotle for dinner.

10:43 AM  
Blogger The Management said...

Brandy... Soon... I'll post it here. I haven't looked at it in 7 years. I believe it needs a major overhaul.

Thanks for the concern!

Otter

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home