.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Even the Tax Companies Can't Get it Right

Just a heads up if you were going to get H&R Block to do your taxes this year...might want to give THAT a second thought.

I'm damn proud of myself for knocking out my taxes early this year. I just finished them up last night and I had to literally smack myself for giving Uncle Sam a no interest loan for the last 12 months. What the hell? Give me my damn money people! Just because I'm a dumbass and can't figure out how to do my exemptions properly, stop holding onto my money! (Fortunately, I did find this nifty program that calculates your exemptions for you. It's pretty damn cool and if I can find the link, I'd be happy to pass it on.)

But seriously, I have no problem paying taxes...but can't we hire those folks who write those "Beer for Dummies" book to write our tax code so I don't feel like I need a CPA to understand it?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Management said...

Two words for you Chowda...

FAIR TAX

Solves must my issues with taxes and destroys the IRS.

Write to DC today...

Otter

1:08 PM  
Blogger Chowda said...

Yeah, not so into the national sales tax. The idea of throwing another tax line item on every sales slip is extremely intimidation - PLUS, it sets up the opportunity for the Feds to know what crap I buy.

I do dig the idea of a flat tax across the board - even cap gains.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home