.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Birds, birds and more freaking birds...

I found the above link the other day and I love the idea of buying a freaking ton of baby birds. I mean I can buy 100 Bobwhite Quails for like $110. Pheasants, Turkeys, freaking 20 different kinds of chickens... All priced to go!

I wanna buy like 500 birds and release them at our property in the mountains. Worse case is they all die and we have a lot more bear and foxes walking around... Best case, freaking fowl everywhere... some to look at some to shoot... birds birds birds...

I think the neatest thing about all this is they ship these things through the US mail... How cool is it that you get home from work and there is a box on your front step with 200 chicks in it (birds, dumb asses, don't make the joke).

Anyway, I let you know if I take the plunge.

Otter

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Amanda Tate said...

Can you PLEASE make sure that at least one of them has the bird flu, so that all the hype and the threat of a bird flu PANDEMIC will hit MD first, and we can make someone feel right?

8:46 PM  
Blogger ZooooM said...

Last night on How It's Made they showed a Chicken Hatchery and how the little things get thrown down chutes and boxed up for shipping.

While I'm no tree hugging animal activist...or wait...tree huggers don't necessarily make animal rights people...whatever, I think you know what I mean...

I don't know how I feel about the little things being trapped in a box and shipped all over the place. My gut says "Man, that sucks", BUT my gut also says "Gee, I like chicken in my food."

I like Rev B's idea though. If you buy birds, you should wear a sandwich board that says bird flu while you release them.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home