.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Liberal Bias in the Classroom

Sean Hannity has been on the rampage of liberal bias in the classroom, but this is one of the first articles that I've actually found on the subject. A Colorado 10th grade teacher compared "Bush to Hilter," described capitalism as "at-odds with human rights," and summed up America as one of the "most violent nations on the Earth." Kudos to the kid who recorded this liberal jackass and made it public.

I'm not going to tread lightly on this subject. I'm really starting to hate teachers and I personally feel that the teacher martyrdom is highly overrated. Teachers work 10 months out of the year, have a politically connected union that pollutes its members with liberal propaganda, receive pay raises driven without performance standards or accountability, and bulks at the notion that your parent company (the Federal Government) should hold you to "national standards" yet we are still producing kids who can't read.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There are bad apples everywhere...so what?" Teachers put their life on the line everyday, and "Anyone who puts his or her life on the line for the safety of others is a hell of a lot more important than me."

See blogs "Honking" and "Cops and Compliants" on this site.

--ASK

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach gym. Those who can't teach gym, end up being professors at colleges.

--ASK

4:49 PM  
Blogger GunGeek said...

anonymous said: "Teachers put their life on the line everyday"

Puhleeeze. According to OSHA, only about 30 people in the education field (which would include janitorial, maintenance, and bus driving staff which will have a much higher death rate than actual teachers) out of over 570,000 that fall into that category die on the job each year in the US. This number includes those that die of natural causes while on the job.

That's hardly putting their life on the line every day.

Oh, and teachers really only work about 9 months out of the year, less if you factor in vacation and sick days. And they've got some of the absolutely best benefit packages out there. Don't forget that fresh out of school teachers make more than most brand new college graduates. Having worked at credit card banks, I can tell you that teachers get extra points on credit applications because of their above average pay and exceptional job security.

I don't feel sorry for them.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Chowda said...

I probably shouldn't have blasted that cop video like I did. That was wrong. You got me ASK. (Wearing egg) But I am right about the honking thing.

This whole teacher thing has me all fired up because I have a bunch of friend teachers and they annoy me with their lack of grasp of the political system outside of what their union sends them in the mail.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for gungeek credit card bankers. In case you didn't notice I was just calling out Chowda on previous quotes. As for the OSHA comment, you can use statisics to proven anything, and only 34% of the people know that.

--ASK

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, Chowda, I don't care how tall you are, you are a very big man for wearing egg. I admire that.

--ASK

9:28 AM  
Blogger The Management said...

Wow. That kid is an ass.

Otter

1:43 PM  
Blogger The Management said...

FOr those confused as to the above comment... see this.

Otter

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home